Sexual misconduct

FILE - In this July 12, 2019 file photo, opera singer Placido Domingo speaks during a news conference about an upcoming show in Madrid, Spain. On Friday, March 20, 2020, the American Guild of Musical Artists said Domingo has resigned from the U.S. union that represents opera singers, after two investigations found sexual harassment allegations against him to be credible. The guild said he will also contribute $500,000 to sexual harassment eradication programs and a fund that helps opera employees in crisis. (AP Photo/Bernat Armangue, File)
March 30, 2020 - 10:24 pm
MEXICO CITY (AP) — Tenor Placido Domingo said Monday he is resting at home after catching the new coronavirus. Domingo said in a statement that he is "at home and I feel fine." The 79-year-old was reportedly hospitalized in Mexico after publicly acknowledging on March 22 that he had tested positive...
Read More
March 27, 2020 - 1:17 pm
ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) — The University of Rochester will pay $9.4 million to settle a lawsuit brought by nine former professors and students who said they faced retaliation after bringing sexual misconduct claims against a professor, the group's attorneys said Friday. “Our clients have had to leave...
Read More
FILE - In this July 12, 2019 file photo, opera singer Placido Domingo speaks during a news conference about an upcoming show in Madrid, Spain. On Friday, March 20, 2020, the American Guild of Musical Artists said Domingo has resigned from the U.S. union that represents opera singers, after two investigations found sexual harassment allegations against him to be credible. The guild said he will also contribute $500,000 to sexual harassment eradication programs and a fund that helps opera employees in crisis. (AP Photo/Bernat Armangue, File)
March 22, 2020 - 1:05 pm
MADRID (AP) — Plácido Domingo announced Sunday that he has tested positive for the coronavirus. The 79-year-old opera singer's illness comes after his own glittering career had recently been stained by sexual misconduct revelations. The Spaniard said in a post on his personal Facebook account that...
Read More
FILE- In this Feb. 24, 2020 file photo, Harvey Weinstein arrives at a Manhattan courthouse as jury deliberations continue in his rape trial in New York. Weinstein was transferred to a state prison in New York on Wednesday, March 18, as he begins to serve a 23-year sentence for rape and sexual assault in his landmark #MeToo case. (AP Photo/John Minchillo, File)
March 18, 2020 - 8:04 pm
NEW YORK (AP) — Harvey Weinstein was transferred to a state prison in New York on Wednesday as he begins to serve a 23-year sentence for rape and sexual assault in his landmark #MeToo case. The disgraced film mogul, who will turn 68 on Thursday, is locked up at the maximum security Wende...
Read More
Harvey Weinstein arrives at a Manhattan courthouse as jury deliberations continue in his rape trial, Monday, Feb. 24, 2020, in New York. (AP Photo/John Minchillo)
The Associated Press
March 11, 2020 - 10:03 am
NEW YORK (AP) — Harvey Weinstein was sentenced Wednesday to 23 in prison for rape and sexual assault, a sight the Hollywood mogul's multitude of accusers thought they would never see. Weinstein, who has been accused of violating scores of women, was convicted last month of raping a woman in a New...
Read More
March 10, 2020 - 8:25 pm
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — An investigation commissioned by the Los Angeles Opera into sexual harassment allegations against ‪Plácido Domingo has found that the legendary tenor engaged in "inappropriate conduct" with multiple women over the three decades he held senior positions at the company, which he...
Read More
FILE - In this Feb. 21, 2020, file photo, Harvey Weinstein leaves the courthouse during jury deliberations in his rape trial in New York. With Weinstein facing sentencing this week, his lawyers argued Monday, March 9, that the disgraced movie mogul deserves mercy in his New York City rape case because he's already suffered a "historic" fall from grace and is dealing with serious health issues. (AP Photo/Mary Altaffer, File)
March 09, 2020 - 9:00 pm
NEW YORK (AP) — With prosecutors seeking a severe punishment for Harvey Weinstein in his landmark #MeToo case, his lawyers argued on Monday that he deserves mercy for his already “historic fall from grace” and serious health issues. In a letter filed in advance of Weinstein’s sentencing on...
Read More
FILE – This undated file photo shows a photo of Dr. Richard Strauss, an Ohio State University team doctor who was accused of sexual abuse by former athletes. Ohio State reached an unspecified settlement, on Friday, March 6, 2020, with nearly half of the roughly 350 men alleging university officials ignored complaints and failed to stop the team doctor who they say sexually abused athletes and other students throughout his two decades there. (Ohio State University via AP, File)
March 06, 2020 - 3:41 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Ohio State reached an unspecified settlement with nearly half of the roughly 350 men who say they were sexually abused decades ago by a team doctor who was jokingly known among some athletes by nicknames like “Dr. Jelly Paws.” The settlement announced Friday is the first for...
Read More
FILE - In this June 6, 2019, file photo, singer R. Kelly pleaded not guilty to 11 additional sex-related felonies during a court hearing before Judge Lawrence Flood at Leighton Criminal Court Building in Chicago. R&B singer R. Kelly is due in federal court to enter a plea to an updated federal indictment that includes sex abuse allegations involving a new accuser.  The 53-year-old is expected to plead not guilty at a hearing Thursday, March 5, 2020, in Chicago to a superseding indictment unsealed last month that includes multiple counts of child pornography. (E. Jason Wambsgans/Chicago Tribune via AP, Pool, File)
March 05, 2020 - 12:40 pm
CHICAGO (AP) — R&B singer R. Kelly on Thursday pleaded not guilty to an updated federal indictment that includes child pornography charges and allegations involving a new accuser, while prosecutors said more charges alleging yet another victim are upcoming. Kelly, 53, stood silently in orange...
Read More
FILE - In this Dec. 19, 2009 file photo, Placido Domingo performs during a sound check prior to a free concert in Mexico City. Domingo's name has been removed from the Washington National Opera's young artist program “in light of recent developments,” the opera house announced Tuesday, March 3, 2020. (AP Photo/Marco Ugarte, File)
March 03, 2020 - 4:06 pm
Plácido Domingo's name has been removed from the Washington National Opera's young artist program “in light of recent developments,” the opera house announced Tuesday, after an independent investigation found the legendary tenor had sexually harassed women while holding senior positions at the...
Read More

Pages